• Home
  • Reporting a Roadway Hazard

Reporting a Roadway Hazard

Local and state governments are responsible to keep public roadways and bicycle facilities safe for users within their jurisdictions.  Common issues are potholes, debris, traffic signal loops not being triggered by bikes, and low-hanging tree branches.  Reporting an issue will benefit not just yourself the next time you’re at the location, but also all other bicyclists who may travel there.

The Public Works Departments of the various cities maintain the streets within city limits:

The Fresno County Department of Public Works and Planning maintains all public roads in unincorporated Fresno County, including in county islands within the cities of Clovis and Fresno like Tarpey Village and Old Fig Garden.

Caltrans is responsible for maintaining state highways and interstates.  In Fresno County, bicycles are allowed on Interstate 5 and all state highways with the exception of State Route 41 between Central Avenue and Friant Road, all of State Route 99, State Route 168 between State Route 180 and Temperance Avenue, and State Route 180 between Marks and Temperance Avenues.

Fresno County Bicycle Coalition

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software